|“Social media and social networking have become incredibly important to the online advertising industry. Experts have revealed that social media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web”
The online advertising industry has changed dramatically and many advertisers are wondering what these online trends in the advertising industry will bring about. Most noticeable, social media has launched itself into the forefront of internet PPC advertising and contextual targeted advertising.
If your online business is looking to utilize the online advertising industry, which type of social media should you invest your time in?
- “I want networking tools in order to create new business leads and to locate new employees.” Sign up for LinkedIn or Facebook.
- “I want to be aware of and be able to respond to what the public is saying about my products.” Sign up for Amazon, Digg, Reddit, Youtube and StumbleUpon.
- “I need different channels to place our content and build more traffic to my company.” Sign up for Digg, Youtube, Reddit, and StumbleUpon.
- “I have strong opinions about my business and I want to raise awareness.” You should create a blog and utilize Twitter.
The top ranking social media sites include Facebook and Twitter. Here are some interesting stats that can help ad targeting in the online advertising industry:
Facebook online trends:
- Around 70% of Facebook users live outside of the U.S. and the site is available in over 70 different languages for targeting international customers.
- 400 million people log into their Facebook profile at least once every month, 50% of these people are on the site every day.
- Women aged 55 and up are the fastest growing Facebook demographic in America.
- Advertisers can use profile information to market specifically to certain users.
Twitter online trends:
- Twitter has a user retention rate of 40%
- Most tweets are Babble, Conversational, or Pass Along Value (Retweets)
- The most popular time to tweet is from 4PM to 10Pm Eastern Standard Time
- There is an equal population of male and female members of Twitter.
- The highest demographic for Twitter is people aged 18 to 34.
For more information on the online trends advertising industry in social media, visit http://www.directcpv.com
Posted in: contextual advertising, cost per view advertising, featured articles, industry news, internet advertising, tips & tricks.
Tags: advertising business home online work, advertising trends in an economic downturn, articles about using social media as a marketing tool, contextual advertising, facebook infographic, internet marketing online advertising, online advertising, online advertising industry, public scrutiny of the work of social workers through the media doesnt effect their service delivery, search engine for twitpic flickr social network media, social media marketing, targeting social media, twitter infographic