|“Networking, learning, meeting people, and getting new tools to gain an edge in the business are all part of the experience.”
At this moment in Las Vegas, thousands of lead buyers, lead sellers, technology solution providers and investment professionals are meeting at the Mirage Hotel & Casino for LeadsCon 2010. This event is a must-attend for anyone involved in the online lead generation industry, and last year’s event sold out early!
Attending tradeshows and exhibitions around the country is incredibly important in the internet marketing business for advertisers, affiliates and networks alike. Networking, learning, meeting people, and getting new tools to gain an edge in the business are all part of the experience (and don’t forget about the parties!)
As a contextual cost per view CPV and pay per view PPV advertising network, we at DirectCPV make an effort to attend all of these events. Having personal conversations with our clients and meeting new potential advertisers, is a priceless opportunity. Taken from our experience, here are some great tips on how to get the most out of each exhibition, tradeshow and conference:
1. Spend lots of time in the exhibit hall. The exhibit hall at any event is a great way to meet merchants and find out what they have to offer. Take advantage of the free prize draws or competitions. Collect business cards and always reciprocate. Give out your business card to merchants you’re interested in. Networking always pays off sooner or later.
2. Schedule meetings in advance. If you’re planning on having any meetings with advertising networks, affiliates, or merchants, it’s important to schedule in advance. Everyone will be extremely busy throughout the tradeshow and might not have any free time available. If you can’t book a meeting, ask if you can grab a quick lunch together.
3. Stay at the hotel where the conference is being held. If you can afford it, try to stay in the same hotel as the conference. Conserve your energy by taking breaks and heading upstairs once and awhile to get yourself organized. It will also save travel time and cost by being close to the action.
4. Make time for the keynote speaker. If there is a keynote speaker at the conference, take some time out of your day to listen to him/her speak. These speakers are always chosen because they are the best at what they do. Be prepared to listen and take notes.
5. Attend parties and events. Outside of the actual conference, sponsored parties are the best way to meet new people. Enjoy the entertainment and remember that you can always sleep when you get home.
After you arrive home from a conference, remember that your work isn’t done yet! Always try to follow up with your business cards. Phone or email any connections you may have made, it’s crucial to stay in touch and make yourself memorable.
For more information about any upcoming online advertising events or tradeshows, visit http://www.directCPV.com
Posted in: DirectCPV News, featured articles, industry news, tips & tricks.
Tags: advertising, affiliate marketing, contextual advertising, cost per view, cost per view marketing, cost per visitor, CPM, CPV, cpv contextual advertising, cpv contextual targeting, cpv marketing, directCPV, display advertising, domestic traffic, international traffic, internet advertising, interstitial advertising, keyword targeting, online advertising, pay per view, pop-up ads, popup ads, popup advertising, PPV, ppv advertising, ppv marketing, ron, run of network, targeted traffic, url targeting